Employment Coordinator (Colville, WA) $1000 Incentive
DIVISION: Employment and Training
REPORTS TO: Employment & Training Division Director
OPEN UNTIL FILLED
HOURS: M-F 40 Hours Per Week
SALARY RANGE: 21.65-36.06 Per Hour
Under general supervision, independently provides the entire range of complex employment and job training services and manages assigned caseload. Performs complex tasks such as determining eligibility for programs, administering and/or interpreting skill, interest, and aptitude assessments, identifying and analyzing employment barriers with job seekers, developing individual written employment plans designated to resolve barriers to employment, and guiding, monitoring and motivating participants to follow through with approved plans.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Conducts interviews to determine participant’s eligibility for program and/or type of services; completes designated processes for participants who have been determined to be eligible and referred by other sources;
• Conducts individual assessment and evaluation of a participant’s overall employment and training needs through in-depth counseling sessions; identifies employment barriers;
• Develops individualized written employability plans with participants, independently or in coordination with other service providers, that provides for needs such as occupational/aptitude testing, training, supportive services, health, and medical care;
• Motivates participants to achieve educational and/or employment goals; updates and adjusts employability plans as necessary; negotiates and writes training contracts;
• Provides follow-up coaching and assistance to participants who have been placed into a training activity or unsubsidized employment;
• Establishes and maintains working relationships with WorkSource system partners, educational and training institutions, employers, public agencies, and community-based organizations; serves as a member of local teams;
• Negotiates and develops employment and/or training plans with participants; administers and interprets skill, interest, and aptitude assessments; participates in case staffing;
• Conducts follow-up contacts with participants; provides input and implement strategies for corrective action plans;
• Ensures nondiscrimination and equity in the delivery of services;
• May serve as a program subject matter expert, providing technical assistance and staff training;
• Builds relationships to develop understanding of participant’s needs and blend resources and services to meet them;
• Provides targeted workshops to special populations;
• Conducts outreach, develops and delivers presentations to WorkSource system partners, educational and training institutions, employers, public agencies, community-based organizations and agency staff.
Performs other duties as required
Education, Skills, and Abilities
Bachelor’s degree in a related field and one year of employment and training work experience or five years work experience in employment and training;
Any combination of related education and experience in employment and training equivalent to five years which would provide the applicant with the desired skills, knowledge and ability required to perform the job.
REQUIRED CERTIFICATION AND LICENSES:
Valid driver’s license in state of residence.
Auto insurance in the amount required by the State of Washington.
Access to reliable transportation.
Acceptable completion of criminal history background check.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
❖ Denotes Essential Functions
Equal Opportunity Employer
Rural Resources Community Action provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.