HR Administrative Assistant ***$1,000 Hiring Incentive – Colville, WA
REPORTS TO: Human Resources Manager
DATE OPEN: 07/27/2022
OPEN UNTIL FILLED
40 hours per week, starting wage ranges $18.23 to $19.71 per hour, DOE.
Performs clerical and administrative duties, using independent judgement, with general expertise in the areas of assignment. Ensures proper communication and documentation of decisions and policies. May make administrative decisions within scope of delegated authority. Works within a dynamic and changing environment, answers sensitive inquires and performs data entry.
Examples of Duties & Responsibilities
- Serves the Human Resources Department in a confidential secretary capacity.
- Performs secretarial and clerical duties necessary to ensure the effective administration of assigned programs. Assists with calendar and safeguarding that deadlines are met.
- Types and distributes a variety of correspondence and documents that contain confidential information; schedules and coordinates meetings, special events and travel arrangements.
- Develops and maintains efficient manual and automated filing systems in accordance with general record keeping procedures and routines; retrieves documents and information as necessary.
- Assists with special projects, data collection, tracking, and charting for systems and programs, databases, and electronic records.
- Coordinates/maintains material such as handouts, forms or training aids, coordinates updates as appropriate. Creates power point presentations, newspaper ads, flyers, brochures and annual reports.
- Assists with monthly billing and reconciliation.
- Enters data into HR Module and various tracking systems and reviews to assure accurateness and comprehensiveness of information; entering new hires and removing terms from various systems, background checks, Employee Profiles (EPs), performance evaluations, etc.
- Assists with recruiting and hiring by creating and tracing advertisements, forwarding and tracking employment and hiring packets and assisting with orientation.
- Maintains various files and records that provide for the proper evaluation and documentation for such things as billing/invoices, insurances, job descriptions, personnel compliance, personnel matters, polices, training, unemployment, etc.
- Assists with special projects and data collection, as assigned.
Provides general information within scope of knowledge and authority.
Performs other related duties as assigned.
Knowledge Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of modern office procedures, practices and equipment such as a computer, calculator, copier, etc.
- Knowledge of business English, grammar, spelling, punctuation and composition.
- Wide-ranging knowledge of computerized and manual recordkeeping systems and the ability to maintain them.
- Demonstrated ability to operate word processing, spreadsheet and data base programs.
- Capacity to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with staff and the general public using tact, courtesy and good judgment to provide clear explanations of program policies and procedures.
- Capability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with government agencies, volunteers, agency staff and the general public.
- Aptitude to understand and execute oral and written instructions, policies and procedures.
- Ability to work independently and make appropriate decisions regarding work methods and priorities.
- Ability to treat sensitive information and material with the appropriate level of confidentiality.
- Knowledge of agency and program policies, procedures and regulations.
- Ability to understand and apply state, federal and local laws to agency policies, procedures and regulations.
- Capability to take and transcribe meeting minutes.
- Ability to type 60 wpm.
Required Education or Experience
Two years of college or Associates degree in office management/secretarial skills; or 4 years progressively responsible experience as confidential secretary or administrative assistant to a top-level executive.
Any combination of education and experience which would provide the applicant with the desired skills, knowledge and ability required to perform the job.
Required Certifications & Licenses
Preferred Certifications & Licenses
Valid driver’s license in state of residence.
Auto insurance in the amounts required by the State of Washington.
Access to reliable transportation.
Acceptable completion of a criminal history background check.
Physical Demands & Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to, stand, sit; talk, hear, and use hands and fingers to operate a computer and telephone, and keyboard reach.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision requirements due to computer work.
- Light to moderate lifting is required.
- Regular, predictable attendance is required.
The work environment characteristics described are what is encountered while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Moderate noise (i.e. business office with computers, phone, and printers, light traffic).
- Ability to work in a confined area.
- Ability to sit at a computer for an extended period of time.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Denotes Essential Functions
Equal Opportunity Employer
Rural Resources Community Action provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.