Fill-In Caregiver – Chewelah, WA
REPORTS TO: Residential Care Coordinator
DATE OPEN: 11/01/2019
OPEN UNTIL FILLED
Fill In position / hours vary. $13.50/hr.
Allegiance Assisted Living in Chewelah, WA is hiring Residential Care Generalist.
Ensures a safe and healthy residential and working environment is maintained at all
times. Uses independent judgment within established policies and procedures.
Performs a variety of residential and personal caregiving duties utilizing general
knowledge, specific expertise, and training in the areas of assignment. Works both
independently and within a team setting to ensure residential care standards are
achieved. Prepares and serves nutritious and appealing meals as prescribed by
management and assists in administering individual resident medication management
plans in compliance with applicable laws, regulations, and standards. Performs routine
household maintenance and cleaning.
Examples of Duties & Responsibilities
- Monitors residents and visitors to ensure health and safety standards are
- Assists with maintenance of food and supply inventories.
- Prepares and serves nutritious meals and snacks in compliance with provided
menu and all applicable regulatory procedures.
- Performs routine household maintenance/cleaning.
- Completes written shift reports. Completes incident reports, if necessary.
- Records entries in the manual and electronic data systems, files, and records.
- Assists with special projects, as assigned.
- Responsible for residential security. Receives, screens, and registers all visitors.
- Assist individual residents in the carrying out their daily care schedules.
- Assist in administering the residential activity calendar and promote resident
socialization through these activities.
- Responds appropriately to highly sensitive customer needs and requests.
- Transports residents to and from medical appointments and essential shopping.
- Promotes and maintains a safe and healthy residential care environment.
- Promotes and maintains a safe and healthy working environment.
- Provides general information within scope of knowledge and authority.
- Receives and distributes incoming mail. Maintains bulletin boards and brochure
Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of management systems and procedures.
- Ability to prioritize and implement written and oral instructions.
- Ability to treat sensitive information and material with the appropriate level of
- Ability to prepare nutritious and appealing meals.
- Must possess and maintain all certifications and licenses necessary to perform
the functions of the job.
- Knowledge of policies, regulations and procedures that guide the services
- Knowledge of computerized and manual recordkeeping systems and the ability to
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing with staff, residents
and the general public using tact, courtesy and good judgment.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Ability to assess client needs and make appropriate referrals.
- Ability to understand and follow policies, procedures, and common sense
approaches when making work decisions and providing information to others.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work independently with a minimum of
- Ability to efficiently operate standard office equipment such as a computer,
typewriter, calculator, copier and multi-line phone system.
- Ability to operate a phone using a clear well-modulated voice and good diction.
Required Education or Experience
High school diploma or GED; Certification in Fundamentals of Caregiving and/or
Nursing Assistant Certified.
One year of experience providing services to disabled and/or elderly persons. Or
any combination of education and experience which would provide the applicant with
the desired skills, knowledge and ability to perform the job.
Required Certifications & Licenses
- Acceptable completion of a driving record background check
- Acceptable completion of a pre-employment drug / alcohol screening.
- Acceptable completion of an extensive criminal history background check
- Access to reliable transportation.
- Auto insurance in the amount required by the State of Washington.
- Certification in Fundamentals of Caregiving and/or Nursing Assistant Certified
- First aid /CPR (prior to employment)
- Food Handler Permit (prior to employment)
- Physical Examination (prior to employment)
- Valid driver's license in state of residence.
Preferred Certifications & Licenses
Nursing Assistant Certified
Equal Opportunity Employer
Rural Resources Community Action provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.