Head Start Substitute Classroom Aide – Kettle Falls, Colville, Chewelah & Newport, WA
DIVISION: Early Childhood Education
LOCATION: Chewelah, Colville, Newport, and Kettle Falls
REPORTS TO: Center Manager
DATE OPEN: 11/30/2017
OPEN UNTIL FILLED
This position is for the school year, hours vary, $12 per hour.
Works under close supervision of teaching staff to assist in conducting the activities of a Head Start preschool program to provide a quality socialization experience for children. Sets up the classroom meals.
Examples of Duties & Responsibilities
- Assists teachers in implementing daily classroom plan.
- Assists in physical preparation of classroom and housekeeping duties, such as putting away materials and cleaning up work areas.
- Works with groups of children during classroom activities. Is responsible for arranging bulletin boards and displays as assigned.
- Assists with preparation of materials.
- Assists teacher in addressing children’s individual needs by providing individualized attention for children, as assigned.
- Assists in the preparation of classroom meals. This may include transportation of the food, shopping, food preparation, paperwork and clean-up.
Performs other related tasks as assigned.
Knowledge Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to interact with preschool children in a supportive, positive manner.
- Demonstrated positive communication skills with children and adults.
- Demonstrated basic understanding of young children.
- Ability to lift up to 45 pounds.
Required Education or Experience
High School Diploma or GED.
One year experience with preschool or elementary school age children.
Required Certifications & Licenses
- Acceptable completion of an extensive criminal history background check
- Auto insurance in the amount required by the State of Washington.
- First aid and Infant/Child CPR cards within 45 calendar days of hire, at the employee’s expense.
- Food Worker's Card within 30 calendar days of hire.
- Physical examination within three weeks of employment.
- Valid driver's license in state of residence.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Rural Resources Community Action provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.