Transit Driver (Republic, WA)
REPORTS TO: Lead Dispatcher / Driver Supervisor
OPEN UNTIL FILLED
HOURS: Part-Time (without benefits)
SALARY RANGE: The hiring range for this role is $18.23-$19.71 per hour
Rural Resources Community Action needs a Transit Driver (Metaline, WA). This position is part-time without benefits. As a Transit Driver, you will transport persons to and from scheduled destinations, utilizing specialized equipment. The general duties of the Transit Driver will consist of assisting passengers in and out of the vehicle, providing transfer assistance to non-ambulatory persons by utilizing mobility aids as necessary, i.e., slider boards and lifts, daily vehicle safety and operational inspections, and reporting any defects to a designated individual, maintain emergency information regarding designated passengers, and performs other related duties as assigned.
Salary & Benefit information
The hiring range for this role is $18.23-$19.71 per hour. The full salary range of $18.23-$30.35 per hour represents the low and high end of the total salary range for this position. Actual salaries will vary depending on factors including but not limited to experience & qualifications. After the successful completion of our six-month training period, you will receive a 4% step increase. As a regular employee, you may receive an additional 4% step increase on your annual anniversary with RRCA. Other rewards may include Paid Time-Off, a 403 (B) and/or Roth IRA retirement savings plan with a company match of up to 6%, a life insurance policy for $12,000 while you are employed, access to our Employee Assistance Program, Medical (3 Plan Options), dental, vision insurance, and other auxiliary insurance programs.
Duties & Responsibilities
A Transit Driver will need knowledge of geographic service area; the ability to read maps, interpret maps and understand dispatched instructions, and knowledge of client assessment techniques and mandated reporting requirements. Along with the ability to accurately complete reports to be used for one’s time and vehicle schedule, understand and follow local, state, and federal regulations as applicable to the position and program, including maintaining a valid Commercial Driver’s License (CDL), analyze work associated problems and implement solutions, operate a passenger vehicle in excess of 12,000 pounds, and establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff, other agencies and the public.
Education, Skills, and Abilities
To apply for this position, you would need:
- Nine months of experience working for a public or private transit agency,
- One year of successful experience in a capacity that required comprehensive record-keeping and reporting.
- Verifiable record as a safe driver for the most recent five-year period.
- Any combination of education and experience which would provide the applicant with the desired skills, knowledge, and ability required to perform the job.
Required Certifications & Licenses:
- Valid Commercial Driver’s License with Passenger Endorsement.
- Valid Standard First Aid certification, or ability to obtain within eight weeks of employment.
- Valid Passenger Assistance Technique certification, or ability to obtain within eight weeks of
- employment, or at which time certification class is available.
- Acceptable completion of a criminal history background check.
- Valid CDL Physical.
- Acceptable completion of an alcohol and drug screen test that complies with all Federal
- Transit Administration (FTA) Standards.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Rural Resources Community Action provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.