Domestic Violence (DV) is a pattern of assaultive and coercive behaviors, including physical, sexual, and psychological attacks, as well as economic coercion, that adults and/or adolescents use against their intimate partners to gain and maintain power and control. It involves learned behavior that is intentionally chosen by an abuser. DV occurs in heterosexual, gay, lesbian, bisexual, and trans intimate partner relationships in which the individuals are dating, married, separated, or divorced. Domestic violence knows no boundaries and affects people from all ages, races, socioeconomic levels, religions, cultures, and education levels.
Our services are free, confidential, and non-judgmental.
Services We Provide:
- 24-hour Helpline answered by staff during business hours and trained volunteers after hours
- Emergency and long-term safe shelter for victims of domestic violence and their children
- Crisis intervention and on-going support by trained and caring staff members who listen and help with safety planning, options, and services
- Help with court orders so victims can gain legal protection
- 24-hour in-person response to hospitals and clinics to support survivors seeking medical attention or support during appointments
- 24-hour in-person response to police and sheriff’s office to provide support and advocacy
- Information and referral to other services, including legal and financial help, counseling, housing, employment, and medical care
- Advocacy to help victims know their legal, medical, and financial rights as survivors of domestic violence
- Support groups for victims of domestic violence
- Therapy referrals to contracted qualified therapists
- Emergency contraception, condoms, and pregnancy tests available for free
- Community education on domestic violence
Who qualifies for these services?
No income eligibility requirements. All people ages 13 and older are eligible for services without parent/guardian permission.
Important note about qualifiying for services: The qualifications listed here are a general indication of who will qualify for these services. If you need these services but aren't sure if you fit the qualifications listed, please contact our offices. We will work with you to find the services to fit your needs.