Rural Resources’ weatherization program – supported by state and federal funds and local utilities – provides low- to no-cost weatherization to low-income households in Ferry, Lincoln, Pend Oreille and Stevens counties. Priority is given to disabled people, seniors (60 and older) and households with children under the age of 6. Tenants can also qualify if their landlord contributes 20 percent of the cost. Our weatherization program may be for you if…

  • Your home is located in Ferry, Lincoln, Pend Oreille or Stevens County.
  • Income from all household members does not exceed 125% of the federal poverty level.
  • If you are a renter, your landlord signs an agreement and contributes to the cost of the project.  (We will contact your landlord to initiate this paperwork.)

Follow these steps to pursue your home repairs:

  • Call 509-684-8421 to request a weatherization application.
  • If your application is approved, you will be placed on a waiting list and scheduled for an energy audit with priority given to disabled persons, elderly persons (60 years or older), and households with children under six years of age.
  • Weatherization of your home depends on funding availability for your particular type of house and fuel source. There is no guarantee your home will be weatherized, but once your application is approved, it will be valid for one year. After one year, approved applications will expire.
  • Our office will make an appointment for an auditor to come to your home to conduct an assessment to determine what can be done to reduce the energy consumption of your home.
  • If weatherization is feasible, we will assign weatherization technicians to perform the actual work. Our technicians will make an appointment to see your home and review the work that was assigned by the weatherization program. The landlord will be included in this process if the home is a rental. The work will then proceed according to a work schedule the technicians coordinate with you.
  • When the technicians have completed the work, the energy auditor will make an appointment to come out to your home and inspect the work that has been done.